Trending this spring – black is the new black! And Ann Taylor collaborating with actress Kate Hudson just have the collection for you – the “Kate Hudson LBD collection” available in stores April 10, 2014.
You can never have too many little black dresses, and Kate agrees! “It’s one of those things a woman should never be without. I have a whole section in my closet devoted to LBDs!” actress Kate Hudson says of the new collection. Kate has been the face of Ann Taylor since 2012, and this is her second time designing for the store.
The five styles of the collection are designed to fit how women live and are named with the occasion in mind: see Camera Ready, The Romantic and Best Actress below.
- THE ROMANTIC – A soft silhouette with a bit of flounce, representing Kate’s spirit, the short and flirty number is cast in a sheer micro-dot fabric trimmed with faux leather for a bit of edge.
- CAMERA READY – A super-sexy fit, detailed with cut-outs and sculpted seams, this number is an effortless way to turn every moment into a photo opp.
- LONDON LOVE – A sleek dress with revealing sheer insets and a slight fishtail hem, it blends sexy and structure into one statement piece.
- BEST ACTRESS – A dramatic off-the-shoulder, floor length column dress with an asymmetric cut that hugs the body, this is the modern-meets-laid-back-meets-super-sexy version of red carpet style.
- THE LATE NIGHTER – Emulating another side of Kate’s personality, this made-for-her piece is a bit rock ‘n roll with an open back, with touches of lace for fun and flirt.