Miffy, the world-renowned bunny created by Dutch artist Dick Bruna has hopped over the pond and inspired successful online clothing brand Just Peachy to create an exclusive line of clothing and accessories.
The San Diego-based label has brought the beloved global character to young adults in the U.S. and Canada. The unique line of apparel and accessories is available at www.justpeachyy.com.
For Miffy fans and to those who are ready to be converted, the playful and stylish collection features:
- Miffy Plush Tee- A women’s style cropped straight hem tee with the iconic Miffy plush displayed across the front
- Miffy Boris Tee- A unisex tee shirt featuring a screen-printed Boris and Miffy
- Miffy Striped Tee- A women’s style short sleeve blue and white striped tee with screen-printed details
- Miffy Collegiate Sweatshirt- A mid-weight unisex college style screen-printed sweatshirt with raglan sleeves
- Miffy Boris Hat- A corduroy and suede embroidered Boris hat with a custom embossed Boris buckle
- Miffy Camera Strap- A woven camera strap featuring Miffy and Melanie
- Miffy Dreamy Tote- A blue and white gingham tote with Miffy and Melanie chenille patch
- Miffy White Shoulder Bag- A corduroy shoulder bag with Miffy chenille patch and embroidery details
- Miffy Green Shoulder Bag- A green corduroy shoulder bag with embroidery details
- Just Peachy x Miffy Mug- A double sided ceramic mug
“This wonderfully curated collaboration between Just Peachy and Miffy enables Miffy to be shared with existing Miffy enthusiasts and new fans alike,” said Marja Kerkhof, Managing Director at Mercis bv, Miffy brand’s worldwide licensor. “We are excited about this partnership with Just Peachy, and for Miffy to be embraced by young adults, who as consumers, are on the pulse of the latest in fashion and pop culture.”
Born of a beloved bedtime story tradition between father and son, award-winning illustrator and Miffy creator Dick Bruna has been ‘coloring the worlds’ of readers and viewers with the character for over 65 years. Miffy has grown into a global sensation despite her humble Dutch roots, with over 85 million books sold in more than 50 languages, and broadcast via 70 television stations worldwide.
“We at Just Peachy are huge fans of Miffy, so the chance to work with such an iconic character is a dream to us,” said April Herrera, CEO, Just Peachy. “We wanted to create memorable pieces that our customers would want to incorporate into their daily wardrobe. The excitement we’ve received over this collection has far exceeded our expectations and we cannot wait to see how everyone styles their new Miffy pieces.”
And for some trivia:
Miffy was “born” on June 21, 1955, when Dutch artist Dick Bruna first drew the character to entertain his young son whilst on a rainy seaside holiday in Holland.
The series of picture books which followed used simple illustrations and rhyming text to explore the universal experiences of childhood, immediately earning Bruna international critical acclaim as an author and artist.
The Miffy books have sold more than 85 million copies and are currently published in more than 50 languages. Merchandise is sold across five continents, there are several musicals, a Miffy movie and a TV series.
You must be logged in to post a comment.