During a runway show, it is not just about the clothes, it is about the total look. Hence, hair and make-up should complement that collection. At Rodarte Fall 2014, John Frieda® Hair Care worked with lead stylist Odile collaborated with Rodarte creators Laura and Kate Mulleavy to develop a look that was perfect match for the designers’ Fall/Winter 2014 collection
This is the third consecutive season that Laura and Kate Mulleavy had chosen John Frieda® Hair Care for their fashion week needs. For Fall 2014, because the hair was styled in long, messy waves, Odile utilized John Frieda® Hair Care products that would keep hair healthy while also maintaining texture, understanding that the style could veer to damaged and scraggly without the right stylers.
The result: ephemeral and nostalgic creating a beautiful glow.
- To begin, Odile coated hair with Frizz Ease® Daily Nourishment Leave-In Conditioner to prep hair, ensuring it looked healthy and felt hydrated—the perfect canvas for the look
- After pulling the hair into two sections and creating two long braids, Odile blew the hair dry to give the hair a subtle wave.
- Odile then undid the braids and worked Frizz Ease® Unwind Curls Calming Crème through hair to give it relaxed, carefree texture, concentrating on the ends
- Next, Odile took a piece from the side, twisted it and pulled it to the back of the head, securing it with pins and a Rodarte hand-made clip
- To finish the look, Odile spritzed Luxurious Volume All-Day Hold Hairspray to give hair touchable, flexible hold